Tuesday 13 December 2011

The niteatures have arrived for Christmas

What a week in Scotland  the wind was so bad,  particular up in the Cairngorms and the highlands which was made even worse by snow, luckily as we are on  the coast  it was only trees that came down and so I decided that since there was only one or two bits  to pick up for Xmas and having just spent 2 hours in the post office with parcels, I was locking myself away for the weekend and trying to finish off projects.

I found some great fabric panels which look like like vintage library books, 10 minutes later they were needle cases, they were so easy to do




The bag obsession continues and I finished off a little girls bag with a gingham lining


Among the unfinished projects there was a Cath Kidston kit to make a bag, surprise surprise !!!!. I added an extra touch by adding in a floral lining to finish it off.



Now I may be able to sew but I have to say one of the skills I have never mastered was knitting, squares seemed to be as far as I ever got and I have a fab wool blanket to prove it which I will feature at a later date.

Now I have bought the knitting books, watched my mother but no I have still not improved. So I was wondering what to do with all the squares and spare bits of wool to and that's when the niteatures (knitted creatures) were created. I also used up some scraps of liberty fabric for the stomach and the ears and added a fluffy tale, so here are the first couple of attempts







Last but not least I was working on 3 different quilt tops and the Snoopy quilt was coming along nicely, all will be revealed in the next blog. So off for now to have a mince pie and cup of tea

No comments: