Wednesday 8 February 2012

Its back to school!! or the production line

I cannot believe it is February already where has all the time gone, so much to do and so little time.

It has been back to school time as my textile course started again in January and we have our exhibition in March so where to start!!!.  I have been working on my designs for the last few weeks and trialling them out in the print workshop and have been really pleased with the results with the different patterns, colours and types of fabrics. I even had a little print production line going at one point as I was getting so enthusiastic

I now need to start turning the printed fabrics into something to exhibit so the sewing machine will be in full flow this weekend. Thinking about table runners, cushions, book covers, lampshades bags, where to start!!! though any suggestion would be welcome

Here are a few of the sample printed fabrics and most of them stay with the vintage/art nouveau that I have been focussing on  theme but I did stray to make a baby print for a present for a friend, I could'nt resist











I even tried to print some vintage magazines onto fabric and these will be turned into book cover and bags this weekend  so look out next week for the results.




No comments: