Sunday 28 April 2013

Well the hecticness (if that's a word!!!) of life has taken all my time away from the blog for the last 6 months but at last I have returned fresh from an afternoon of stitching.

I decided to try a new course at the end of last year so signed up for an fashion and interiors product design course and what fun I had with a great bunch of other textile enthusiasts but my did I set myself a difficult challenge.

We all had great fun putting together the mood boards, designing an item then learning to adapt a pattern to suit our chosen design. That was the easy bit!!!, a 20's inspired evening jacket in silver velvet. Then I decided to give myself another challenge and thought it would be a great idea to hand embroider and bead the jacket oh and that's where the hard work started, see the pictures.

The saga continues soon.........





 
 

No comments: