Monday 22 August 2011

Any excuse for a slice of Christmas Cake!!

Technically it was fruit cake, but it did have marzipan and icing on the top so in my book that's christmas cake. What is she waffling on about you ask yourself, well I had a rare day off today and decided to go and find a new teashop to frequent while I planned out some of my next projects and the selection of items I will be putting on my Folksy and Etsy shops.

Found a great little place tucked away up a side street which is both a vintage tea shop and a clothes shop, all the tea is served on vintage china so I treated myself to moroccan mint tea which comes served with turkish delight!! and while gazing at the cupcakes thats when I spotted the christmas cake so thought why not it my help my insirpation for Christmas Projects !!!Well that was my excuse anyway

It may seem a long way off but I  now have some great ideas for vintage inspired christmas decorations which will appear on the blog in the next few months.

Last year I made quilts for everyone at Christmas but never kept one for myself so found some great fun christmas material to make myself one

The photo below was taken from the first snow fall of last year when we rushed out to make a snow man before it disppeared , little did we know that the snow would turn out to stay for for next 3 months!!.

So our snowman will feature on christmas cards this year and it may even get printed onto fabric!!


2 comments:

Matt Langston said...

Really good blog, liked it very much. I have saved this webpage and I truly intend on visiting the site in the upcoming days. Keep up the excellent work!
search engine marketing

sewingthethought said...

Glad you like the blog, Happy reading