Monday 23 April 2012

Can a home have too many cushions ?

Well it has been a while since  my last blog but I that does not mean I have been having a snooze on the sewing front. In fact the last couple of weeks I have been doubling my sewing efforts to try and pull together some new stock for my shops on my Folksy and Etsy.

We do not have many fabric shops locally and I do wonder what they think I am up to as I pop in so often, so I do now purchase alot of my fabrics online as  there are some fantastic stores out there on the internet and have had my fabrics delivered from all round the world and I am always on the lookout for designs

If you have read any of my previous blog entries you will know I have been on a printed textile course this year and loved it so much and would have happily continued for another year, therefore lots of my current projects have been based on my printed designs.

I have loved turning all my printed fabric into cushions galore some have even managed to make it to my living room rather than the shop!!!.

1920's Vintage Harper's Bazaar

1920's Hermes advert from French Fashion Magazine





Edwardian Fashion Adverts



I have decided to use the envelope style for these cushions  this is proving to be the easiest type for the printed fabric as it means I can make small and large cushions and add bulky or fragile trimmings wherever necessary and it allows the cushions to have smooth edges rather than the bulk of a zip.

It was like a production line at one point in the kitchen only to be halted for a cupcake and coffee which is what a girl needs while sewing. Though I did have a disaster with a coffee and walnut cake last weekend which was a bit like an exploding volcano, but that story is for another day and I have been sticking to my local cupcake bakery which is keeping me well stocked

Look at the range of cushions  ended up with  !!!!







The final cushions of the afternoon was a piece of embroidery which was edged with some vintage and floral fabrics. It is a great way of using up the scraps of fabric



Look out for the another selection of cushions on the next blog

No comments: