Monday 17 October 2011

Red and Yellow and Pink and Green, Orange and Purple and Blue!!!!

Well what a surpise I had this week. I sat down with a cup of coffee and my latest edition on Making magazine opened to the page called making views about what people have been upto and  thought a picture looked just like a project I had featured in my blog, I read the text that went alongside it I realised it was my project and  actually comments from my blog and the blog address.  It really made my day

Well I have survived the first few weeks of my textiles course and it has been great fun. We are a real mixed bunch, some are students putting together their portfolios and others like me who just want find a new creative release.

For years I have been working with some great ranges of fabrics but having to design some to print is a whole different ball game. We have been asked to keep a visual diary throughout the year with our designs and inspirations, this is something that I have been doing for many years, so I decided my mood books would be a great starting point but oh dear all I can say is my thought patterns are all over the place and they cover everything!!!!. But what stands out is a great love of the autumn and winter months and of landscapes and buildings so maybe this could be the theme of this collection. Who knows watch this space

Anyway we had to start somewhere on our first prints and so I decided to stick with an easy floral pattern. It was the mixing of the colours that turned out to be the really interesting bit and was a case of try it and see and oh my what a collection of colours we produced and also trying different types of fabric were really interesting to see the different results. All our aprons and hands looked like a finger printing class at Nursery.  Anyway here is the first sample print!!!!!





This week we are looking at a completely different technique and looking for a landscape style print and  I am thinking of using this picture that I took last year in monument valley while doing a tour in the states.



So lets wait and see what we can produce

As for the sewing  well I am currently working on a project I have named the Guilt Quilt. All will be revealed in my next blog

2 comments:

Carla Doyle said...

wow that must have been such a nice surprise to see your project in the magazine..:O)

sewingthethought said...

it was a lovely suprise to see a project in print, my one claim to fame !!!