Tuesday 4 October 2011

The wonders of the scrap's box

It has been a manic couple of weeks and it was also back to school for me this week as I started my textiles course at art school. I am really looking forward to learning new techniques and mixing colours and building my portfolio of fabrics ready for our exhibition next year, it gives me a great chance to think about what I can turn the fabrics into and I am sure that lots of my efforts will appear on these pages

As for my current projects, I have lots of quilts and embroidery on the go at the moment and they are all currently in progress which hopefully will feature in the blogs over the next few months. I suddenly realised my scraps box is growing bigger and bigger and I was wondering what to do with some of the Christmas fabric scraps as they have limited use the rest of the year so decided to turn them into little fabric parcels to hang on the tree. They are little squares sewn up, a ribbon added  and filled with soft toy stuffing and a few drops of Christmas aromatherapy oils. Its a great way to use of bits of fabric left over from projects


With the other scraps I have made little gift bags which can be filled with a chocolate or a little gift, tied with a ribbon and they can be hung on the tree.

Another project  for them is to make 25 little bags add a number 1 - 25 on the bags either by embroidery, applique or fabric paint, add a chocolate and tie with the ribbon. In the meantime find a branch that has lots of twigs on it, this can either be left natural, or painted white or sprayed gold or silver. Then pop the branch into a large vase and then hang your little bags on the branches.

Oops , I now need to go off and finish the Christmas table runners that I started on earlier this year as I have ended up with a few requests from people for Christmas orders. Better get stitching!!

No comments: