Monday 28 November 2011

The button obsession continues

Well after yesterdays blog update I thought that would be it for the next few days, but oh no that was not to be the case I was on a role and  I decided to have a tidy up of the corner of the spare room where I keep all my art and craft materials.

The things you find stuffed away in boxes and this time it was some buttons kits which just need to be covered in fabric. So off I went to the scraps box and located lots of little bits of fabric and turned them all into buttons which I can use on my new bag collection.





Now if you think that was it, oh no I was becoming obsessed with the scraps box and found some lovely chintz fabric which was just crying out to be made into something. As it was evening and too late to get the sewing machine out and I was also wanting to chill out on the sofa, so decided to stitch this by hand and made a little pouch to carry my sketch book and pencils. This will fit into my bag and stop the edges of the sketch pad getting damaged.

By then it was time for tea and hot buttered toast and bed, but then I spotted my fabric designs from last week and thought I could leave that to the next blog,so as they say in TV  to be continued.......................

3 comments:

Sew,ray,me said...

Snoopy button!!!!!! Love love love!!!

sewingthethought said...

Thanks, there is a Snoopy quilt to follow!!

Sew,ray,me said...

Ooooh really?? Let me know when you post pics :)