Sunday 27 November 2011

Buttons, Buttons everywhere

Its been a busy weekend on the craft front. I have had  a couple of days holiday and the weather was cold (even a flurry of snow this morning) so I decided to have a quiet long weekend at home and get busy with my projects.

First up were some new Christmas decoration which are a great way of using up all the buttons that seem to accumulate in the sewing box. Hearts were cut out of red and grey felt, and a collection of buttons were sewn on one side of the one of the hearts. The pair of hearts where then hand sewn together and then stuffed with toy stuffing and a ribbon added. You can use any combination of shapes, colour of buttons and colour of felt and ribbons to make a great collection of decorations.







Next up were  a couple of little lavender bags that can be popped in among your laundry, this was great way of using up some bits of tartan wool that I had in my scrap box. I even added on a little unusual button that I had bought some time ago and hid  in my sewing basket






My final project of the weekend was a few more bags to be made up ready for setting up the shop on Folksy/Etsy. I decided a couple of week ago that it time to build up a stock of products to get ready so here are a few samples





Oh there are still lots to go what a busy weekend !!

2 comments:

Christine Williams said...

Hey you

Are you not exhausted after this lot.

Fabulous, really love your heart decorations!

C
xxx

sewingthethought said...

Keeps Me out of Trouble. T xx