Thursday 8 September 2011

50 things to do with a Tea Towel before you die !

Well the one thing a tea towel really doesn't gets used for in this house is drying dishes, I no longer have a dishwasher so I now go for the air drying method much better in my opinion and less work for me so more time for crafts.

So what has that got to do with crafts and sewing you may ask, well this is the strange way my brain works. I was having a sort out of the kitchen cupboard and came across a pile of tea towels that had never been used, but I must have liked the fabric as its not exactly the sort of thing I find myself out window shopping for on a Saturday afternoon.

Anyway I wondered what else I could do with these tea towel's and that's when the idea popped into my head, I have taken to carrying around a little fold away bag in my handbag for when I go shopping, I keep telling myself its about being environmentally friendly but it's more likely to do with getting older. Its then that I realised that these tea towels were ideal for turning into shopping bags, strong fabric and already hemmed, a few snips with the scissors and a few folds and a quick stitch and magic an ever lasting shopping bag.

This one has also got a pocket on the front.





No comments: