Sunday 18 September 2011

A girl can never have too much glitter or vintage trinkets

I was actually thinking of naming this blog "They have mince pies in the supermarket already!!!".  I was out shopping the other day and they were clearing away all the school sale items (we go back to school in early August here in Scotland), and they were replacing them not with Halloween Items but with Christmas Biscuits and Mince Pies, it is only September!!!!!, I'll be hearing Christmas Carols in the shops soon.

Anyway it got me thinking about starting the Christmas Projects for this year and since I have a few ideas for projects already in my note book Idecided I needed to get a move on. I have also signed up to do a course at the School of Art next to where I work which will take up a fair bit of my spare time. I am really looking forward to it as it is a printing course for textiles for Fashion and Interiors, and I will keep you updated on how I am getting on and hopefully turn some of my designs in projects.

So back to the Christmas projects, I was out at a vintage fair a couple of weeks ago and have collected a load of vintage Christmas Cards and a few little trinkets to use in projects and was wondering on the best way to display them and came up with the idea of using old jars.

As you can see below I have used a kilner jar for this project. I have popped a  card inside the jar and added some glitter. Once the lid was locked. The jar was shaken up to disperse the glitter.

Round the neck of the jar I added a vintage ribbon and had threaded through it a 1920's dress clip. The ribbon was then tied around the neck of the jar.

A collection of these jars in different sizes look great grouped togethe, if you don't have vintage Christmas Cards you can use postcards in a vintage style like the one I have used in the picture below or use a Family photos. Since you can't put tea lights in the jars, I normally sit a tea lights behind the glass to give a fab glow .

Easy and quick to make


No comments: